Retailers Insurance

We work with a range of selected insurance partners to offer a wide range of business insurance policies which will suit your retail store.

Get a quoteRequest a call back

Running any shop, whether it is a small specialist business or a large high street fashion store, it is important that your retailer insurance covers the insurance risks you face.

There are a few key retail insurance policies which will be especially useful for retailers and shop owners which our team here at PIB Insurance can help you to choose. We work with a range of selected insurance partners to offer a wide range of business insurance policies which will suit your retail store.

Insurance for Shops

Most retailers and shop owners find several insurance covers particularly useful. Just some of the key sections we might recommend for comprehensive retail insurance include:

  • Public Liability Cover: Public Liability Insurance insures your shop if someone, including a member of the public, makes a claim against you for injury or property damage for which you are legally liable.
  • Employers' Liability Insurance: This cover is a legal requirement if you employ staff, even if they are part time or casual staff. It protects you against claims made by members of staff for compensation or legal claims, where they are injured or fall ill as a result of the work they do for you.
  • Professional Indemnity Insurance: Professional indemnity insurance will cover your business against any claims of professional negligence.
  • Buildings Insurance: to protect you from the cost of dealing with damage to your building caused by events such as flood or fire.
  • Contents Insirance: This indemnifies your removable contents, usually new-for-old, in the event of perils such as fire, theft and arson.
  • Stock Insurance: Retail stock insurance covers the value of your stock and supplies in the event they are stolen, damaged or destroyed.
  • Tenants Improvement insurance which is useful if you plan to make improvements to your rented property. Anything you install yourself such as air conditioning, lighting or specialist fittings will not be covered by your landlord’s insurance policy, so if they are damaged you won’t be able to claim for them unless you cover them under your insurance policy.

Online Retailer Insurance

Whilst retailers on the high street need certain insurance policies to protect their business, online retailers also have certain risks to protect themselves against. For online businesses like yours, online retailers’ insurance is built for people who run their business on the internet. Our cyber insurance policies may also be of interest to cover against claims such as any data breaches or loss of customer data – cover will be dependent on the specific insurer’s wording.

Latest news, industry insights and events

Browse our complete service offering

Business Insurance

From caravan parks to schools, we use our niche expertise to help businesses big and small

Private Client Insurance

From home and motor, to boat and art; browse through our different types of insurance cover

Employee Benefits

The right benefits can make all the difference to your team, keeping them engaged and happy to work for you

Risk Management

All businesses face risks. What's important is how you deal with them. But you're not alone