Contractors often work in a wide range of different environments, each with their own diverse risks and potential perils which could easily threaten the ability to carry out the work you have been contracted to do.
Whilst all construction sites are different, there are still common risks and threats shared by them all. The risk of tools being lost, stolen or damaged is a danger to keep in mind where you work on construction sites. Without your tools, you are unlikely to be able to carry out the work you have been given.
Contractors All Risk insurance is designed for your various business liabilities as a contractor, as well as to offer you protection for the tools and equipment you rely on for your trade. The risks might be varied, from floods and fire through to malicious damage or theft. Contractors All Risk insurance can protect you against these risks.
Insurance for Contractors
Seeing as there are so many different types of contractor, work sites and risks involved, it makes sense that one insurance policy may not be the best answer for everyone. At PIB Insurance, we work with a wide range of insurance providers to bring you the right products to suit your needs. Contractors All Risk insurance policies can cover a large range of risks and protect you, your business and your tools effectively.
The areas your Contractors All Risk insurance may cover are:
- Contract Works: the building works themselves, whether the work is in progress or a completed structure
- Tools, Plant & Equipment: Cover can be provided against theft, loss or damage to your tools, plant and equipment, with compensation for the cost of hiring additional tools to replace those lost.
- Temporary buildings: Cover can be provided which provides cover for loss or damage to temporary buildings erected on site
- Architect Drawings: cover can include replacing architect’s drawings in the event of them being lost or damaged as a result of one of the insured risks
- Show home contents: It is common for Contractors All Risk insurance to cover the contents of show homes.
- Completed works: Once buildings are completed, it is common for Contractors All Risk insurance to extend cover until the property is sold, or for a set number of days after completion of the work.
Insurance Packages for Contractors
Whilst Contractors All Risk Insurance policies can cover a great deal of your work, there are sometimes areas which need additional cover for complete protection and peace of mind. Our team here at PIB Insurance would be happy to assist you with finding the ideal package of cover to complete your insurance package. Get in touch with us today to discuss your needs with our team.