We invite you to attend an interactive Mock Trial where we follow a real-life case study following a serious incident. Attendees are given a realistic insight into how cases are presented by the prosecution and defence counsel, and will help to decide if the defendant is ‘guilty’ or ‘not guilty’ before sentencing.
PIB Client Academy is dedicated to providing insight and advice on a range of areas of risk, guiding you through the different measures that can be taken to help mitigate risk and safeguard your business.
What is covered?
This academy will be hosted by Anna Naylor, Partner at Weightmans Law Firm. The mock trial will cover:
- Introduction to the case study based on a health and safety incident
- Background to incident investigation and prosecution decision
- Judge and Prosecution opening
- Defence and Prosecution witness evidence
- Hear closing submissions (legal arguments) and direction from the Judge to the Jury
- The verdict
- A sentencing exercise including an overview of the Health and Safety Sentencing guidelines
Who is this aimed at?
This session is aimed at owners/directors, finance directors, health & safety managers, HR managers and anyone else who is involved in dealing with accident investigation issues for their organisation.